PERIL UNIVERSE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARVEL: Agents of S.H. I.E.L.D. Keeping the T.V. Curse Alive For Joss Whedon

Go down

MARVEL: Agents of  S.H. I.E.L.D. Keeping the T.V. Curse Alive For Joss Whedon Empty MARVEL: Agents of S.H. I.E.L.D. Keeping the T.V. Curse Alive For Joss Whedon

Post by Admin Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Is "MARVEL: Agents of  S.H.I.E.L.D." Keeping the T.V. Curse Alive For Joss Whedon?

There is no doubt that Joss Whedon has the talent to bring us big screen gems and rubies, but lifting his small screen curse appears to be a job for the heroes of the Avengers. The show has lost a third of its viewers since the debut aired and unless they get a handle on it soon the show will join others in cancellation.

The pilot episode of MARVEL: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D left me scratching my head! scratch The idea of a T.V. show based on the iconic Avengers would seem like a sure win and the show's focus on the agents offer an even more intriguing premise. So where did the show's creators and Whedon go wrong? Well, IMO they chose the wrong home. Disney's ABC network is not exactly a place where SHIELD can spread its creative wings and be edgy- not unless there are some drama prone doctors and interns waiting in the wings to give lengthy commentary followed by performing some hot-n-heavy-G-rated-bed-hopping a la ER Embarassed or more bed-hopping with a Presidential twist affraid  and Washington D.C. as a backdrop courtesy of Scandal; which scored high points on its season premier (admittedly, "Scandal" is my guilty pleasure). Yet, my point is that though ABC seems to be exploring its sexy side with its night time dramas it is merely an extension of its glory-days soap-opera roots. Don't be fooled, one only has to look at the Once Upon a Time, Dancing With The Stars and The Bachelor line-up to remember that this is a family friendly network; which leaves little room for the ingredients needed for Marvel to meet its full potential. Well, I guess they could perhaps rise to the level of NBC's Heroes, but not SYFY's Battlestar Galactica. For that they would need to move over to a much edgier network or better yet, cable. affraid 

I hoping for the best, because I'm a Whedon fan and I LOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE The Avengers! So I will watch the coming episodes, but my patience has a limit. Suspect 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Admin
Admin

https://peril.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down