PERIL UNIVERSE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!!

Go down

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! Empty Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!!

Post by Admin Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 pm

This looks like Avatar. Also, I don't usually hold a grudge Evil or Very Mad , but M. Night has a lot to make up for. The premise seems, well, darn this might be headed for disaster, but hey Will Smith is in it. Will has yet to let me down. Oh, forgot about Seven Pounds. Will, if your listening... THIS BETTER BE GOOD!!!!

Admin
Admin

https://peril.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! Empty Action and Existentialism May Be Enough

Post by GoMatrix Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Mister, I think this movie will be good. Not because of Will but because of Jayden. And if, the premise of this movie is about conquering psychological barriers like fear, the driver that will make this movie a success will be the level to which the viewer is mentally inspired by the visuals. That is, big explosions, big challenges, big victories, big sacrifice. This movie will have to mix action and adventure with existentialism to be good. I think the Smiths can do it, not sure about M. Night.

GoMatrix

Back to top Go down

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! Empty RE: ACTION AND EXISTENTIALISM MAY BE ENOUGH

Post by Admin Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:05 pm

RE: ACTION AND EXISTENTIALISM MAY BE ENOUGH

I am rooting for this film and I've always been a fan of Will. M.Night is a another matter all together No. His last film "Devil" was step up from his previous train wreak "Air Bender." The premise of this film (conquering fear) is a good one. I hope you're right that the action and existentialism will be enough to carry the film. Perhaps with Will Smith and his son on board this film will draw big numbers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! Empty "AFTER EARTH": FOR WILL'S SAKE I'LL SUSPEND DISBELIEF... JUST THIS ONCE!

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:41 pm

[img]Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! After-10[/img]

"AFTER EARTH": FOR WILL'S SAKE I'LL SUSPEND DISBELIEF... JUST THIS ONCE!

Since I'm a firm believer in second and even third chances I will reserve judgement on this film until I see it in theaters. However, I will point out some things about "After Earth" that has me a bit skeptical scratch . First, I must point out that the new trailer looks hopeful. I like the narrative though it's a little contrived even by hollywood's standards. A rambunctious boy force to "man-up" in the face of dangerous and insurmountable circumstances is not exactly novel material, but somehow it seems to play well in the trailer. The special effects look really cool too but, this should be a given in today's high tech medium. In other words, there's no excuse for mediocrity on a big budget film.

Kudos aside, I have to point out a few things with this project that gives me pause (or at least makes me wonder) about the success of this new film. Even though I'm a big Will Smith fan I have to "keep it real" and give an honest evaluation.

Ironically, I think that like the film's lead character, Jaden Smith, M. Night Shyamalan will have to set his ego aside and give the public what they want. M. Night has on past films tried his hand at the "strange reversal" and it didn't go over well with audiences. "The Village" being a prime example. Most viewers walked away feeling duped. His film "The Last Airbender" was not good (to put it politely). "After Earth" is no-doubt his come back film––for his sake I hope he realizes it. It's no secrete that the public has given him more chances than Lindsey Lohan affraid and he doesn't have a monkey on his back. affraid affraid

Secondly, I don't get the timeline account of the "Raige family history" on Facebook, which by the way according to IMDB is AE's official website Rolling Eyes . So who's funding this film anyway? Speaking of the Raige family and the Smiths I must say the resemblance is UNCANNY afro .

All in all, I'm still looking forward to seeing this film, but please don't follow my lead. I'll go to see the opening of an envelope if I'm bored enough. I will say see it at your own risk, because I don't want to shoulder the blame if you don't like it. In the mean time here's a look at the new trailer...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!! Empty Re: Will Smith's After Earth BETTER BE GOOD!!!! M.Night Shyamalan directing...REALLY?!!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down